Five differences between Facebook pages vs. profiles
- Facebook was developed as a social network for people, not businesses – so you cannot have a business profile. You must have a personal profile in order to create a business page. If you try to set your business up as a “Person” it WILL be deleted. It doesn’t matter how many friends it may have.
- Your business page can have fans but not friends. People (not other business pages) must “like” your page for you to receive rankings. You do not have to “like” them back or be friends. (this is a good thing!)
- Your page can have photos, videos, discussions, applications, wall posts, groups and other interactive elements. You may allow others to post these things, as well.
- The page does not in any way have to reflect back to your personal profile.
- Your page can have as many administrators as you desire. You can even elect to remove yourself as administrator and it will no longer be your page!
Leave a Reply